2.22.2011

lucy's $9 dog bed

Priced at $2.99, there is so much you can do with a Signe Rug from IKEA that won't break the bank.  Like this dog bed I made for Lucy.  I took 3 rugs, stitched them together, and filled with some batting  I had left over from a project [about $10 worth, so even factoring this into the cost, this is a project that won't break the bank] et voila - a custom dog bed that is rugged and durable and washable.  And Lucy is pretty happy.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous22.2.11

    I heart Lucy. great idea for a dog bed! And can I just say (again) how much I really admire your dresser drawer-cupboards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea for a dog bed! i've been wanting to make/buy a new dog bed, i'll have to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah you know you are awesome right!! What a great idea!! Lucy loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous22.2.11

    how much for a bed for scout?? she needs one, but the dog beds at the stores are sooooo ugly!! i can puchase the materials if you make it for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea, I've always seen those rugs and IKEA and wondered what to do with them (they're such a great price!). I heart Lucy, she's such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing idea! I love the look of these rugs but find that they are so slippy when they are on the floor, constantly bunching up. What a great way to make good use of them. And Lucy is Ad. Or. Able!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous24.2.11

    Awwwww. She's such a cutie. I like that you left off the fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way your dog sleeps. So relaxed and comfortable..I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of a so-so Ikea product. You made those rugs 100% better. Love the look. It appears Lucy likes it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so clever! I may have to do this for my dog....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous14.2.12

    How do you wash this bed?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there Could I ask what breed your dog is? She looks a lot like mine and as he was a resque dog we dont know much about him. Love your house! I am going to try and paint some rugs pretty soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi guys, when I am actually willing of reading these blog post to be updated regularly. It offers fastidious stuff.
    dog bed amazon reviews

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...