11.12.2010

goodies from the purl bee

The winter season is when I start most of my crafting.  With cold snowy days on the horizon, I like to tuck into some good DIY, usually with a movie playing in the background.  Especially gearing up for Christmas, I knit a lot [yes, I'm a bit like a grandma sometimes] and I pull out the sewing machine for a few little projects.  The Purl Bee is my go to for inspiration and this week I found these:

This gorgeous knit throw made from the most beautiful colour of mustard.  I love using raw wool to knit, the result is fantastic, the cost of the wool however is not.


These simple linen tea towels made with tailors tape.  Sometimes you just have to say, why didn't I think of that?


And for the tree, these lovely little felt birds that really are super easy to make.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12.11.10

    I love the yellow blanket. Gorgeous! It would look so good in our living room. And the dove ornaments I had as a child made by my grandmother. She used to make us new handmade ornaments every year for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...