10.17.2010

diy | artwork

I've said it before, art does not have to be expensive and really should reflect a bit of your personality.  Here's some of the things I've used around the house:

I created a family photo collage with black and white photos, old and new, of my family.  I upholstered a 7' long bulletin board with taupe linen and use clear push pins, they don't take away from the photos.  You can add on to this as time goes on or swap out, whatever you want.  My suggestion is to keep all the photos black and white, colour photos look too busy when displayed this way.


I like to frame found objects.  Here you'll see I framed old licence plates and a toy car, playing cards, a mini Eames chair model, vintage magnets, old blueprint maps from a road guide and a canvas that was simply painted black which allows me to write or sketch new messages on it. The large frame houses a picture I took at my parents' farm and had enlarged.  I even have a framed sample of wallpaper.


Here I framed round mirrors from Dollarama, old coins, art cards from a vacation in D.C. and some funny computer printouts from the internet.


My favourite thing to frame is family keepsakes like these old bags from my great-grandfather's popcorn factory.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16.5.12

    thats so cool!
    I love your artisticness!=)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...