12.03.2009

the martha cookie challenge | part I

Success!

Last night I tackled Part I of the Martha Stewart Cookie Challenge. I mixed from scratch Martha's Dark Chocolate Cookie recipe and her Gingerbread Cookie recipe. Both recipes looked easy enough - and surprisingly - they were. I will warn you though, you'll need to put in a little elbow grease to mix the Gingerbread cookie dough. So I mixed, chilled, rolled, cut and baked for approximately 4 hours last night, and have about 5 dozen perfect little Christmas tree cookies (set of three cutters are from Crate and Barrel) to show for it and two balls of gingerbread dough still waiting for me in the fridge. And how do they taste? you ask. The Gingerbread cookies are heavenly, the Dark Chocolate cookies are not as tasty as you might think - but I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate cookies. Part II I'm hoping to tackle tonight - the decorating. Stay tuned. Sidenote: Lucy was less than impressed that this is how I spent my Wednesday evening!
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...