1.09.2012

a new old desk

When my dad was in highschool he made a drafting desk in woodshop - a flip top desk on an x base that resided in our utility room when we were kids and which has spent the last 10 years in storage in our shed.  So I brought it back with me for use in my apartment. 



The desk now occupies and unused corner of the living room which once held an ottoman that I've repurposed in the bedroom.  The space is just right for it - small and tucked away from the main sightline when you enter the apartment.




It's perfect to hold my current reading and upcoming projects and all my craft supplies are housed within.  I was also able to hang my grandparent's trader blanket off the rear rail.  Although I was originally thinking of painting out the top of the desk - I've decided that the patina'd masonite top is just right for my space.


2 comments:

  1. very cool desk. Even cooler that your dad made it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the perfect little desk. I love how it has storage under the top!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...