8.23.2011

smoochy poochy

Back in June, Lucy and I, along with a few friends and their dogs, attended Woofstock here in Toronto, a massive dog festival featuring all the latest and greatest in everything D.O.G..  While there, I stopped at Smoochy Poochy, a Canadian label who create waterproof leashes and collars.  If you have a lab like me, or a water loving pup, you can relate to the nastiness of wet collars and leashes following a swim in the lake or simply a walk in the rain.  Their waterproof collars and leashes are constructed of a polyvinyl material that is non-fading, non-staining, water repellant and best of all, odor repellant.  It doesn't smell old, like dog or wet dog.  Both were put to the test on Sunday when we got caught in the massive t-storm that hit Toronto, Lucy and I ran 7 blocks through pelting rain, and although her and I were both drenched, the collar and leash were not.  And they come in a bunch of great colours and Lucy was thrilled that they had her favourite colour - purple (since she was a puppy, she's only worn purple collars - fussy, I know).






I have to spend a bit of time on the leash - it's really the Rolls Royce of leashes.  It's called the No-Escape Leash and is absolutely brilliant.  Instead of a standard loop at the end of the leash, it has a toggle clip that allows you to easily tie off your dog at the store or railing without having to unhook the leash and do the whole loop around (if you're a dog owner, you know what I'm talking about).  It also has 4 grommets down the length of the leash that allows you to adjust the length of the leash from a short 3' leash up to 6', allowing you to also wear it on your wrist, across your shoulder or around your waist like a running leash.  And on top of all those great features, there is a mesh bag right on the leash to store your poop bags.  Amazing.




Although Smoochy Poochy leashes and collars are more expensive that woven or fabric collars, they will last a lot longer, making them cheaper in the long run.  I used to go through 2 collars and 1 leash a year - and that adds up.  I met a dog owner who has had the same collar on her dog for 5 years, and it still looks brand new.  Well worth the investment if you ask me.  Plus, the president of the company is a chocolate lab. 

PS. Please disregard the fact that Lucy is shedding like a champ at the moment - she's a walking tornado of hair and fur.

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! My Bernese/Shepherd mix chews through a leash in about 2 minutes!
    He is also shedding like a champ lately...sighhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of that leash! And yes, I totally understand the whole loop around thing we do! Now to find if these are in Australia yet...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...