Remember this folding chair/stool that I posted about a few weeks ago?
Well, I finally got around to the how-to.
So here goes.
Take one old folding chair/stool frame and remove all dust, debris and hornet's nests [yes, really] from the frame. [And please try not to be blinded by how yellow my floor looks in this photo!]
Get out your supplies - staple gun, measuring tape and good heavy duty fabric. That's all you need.
Position the folding frame to the finished height you'd like the stool/chair to sit. Measure the total length, up and over the frame to the underside of the other side. Measure as well the total width of the stool.
Cut two pieces of fabric to the dimensions you just measured.
Divide the length and width into equal sections and cut strips from your fabric - you'll end up with one long set for the length and one shorter set for the width. Since I was going to that rough edged, frayed and worn look, I simply ripped all my lengths to get raw edges. If you're going for a cleaner look you'll have one more step that involves hemming the edges.
Staple in place a centre strip along the length to hold the frame in place. Staple the rest of the long strips in place filling the width of the chair.
No imagine that I didn't get forget to take photos of the next step and imagine that I'm now weaving the short pieces through the long pieces.
Once you've finished weaving simply whipstitch the edges so everything stays in place.
Et Voila! Finished chair.
But I have enough chairs in my apartment and wanted a small stool, occasional table, foot stool, magazine stand, remote control holder etc etc instead. So I flipped the back down and now have this in my living room.
Perfect.











These turned out really great, perfect!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
Come and enter my Giveaway of a very Special Painting by Mary Maxam!
i adore the woven seat, great job :)
ReplyDelete