12.20.2010

books, pages & a bunch of mirrors

I'm always looking for clever ways to display my collections, especially books.  Since I don't have proper bookshelves they usually are stacked in piles on the floor, under the coffee table and into the deep drawers of the bedroom credenza.    Here are a few great ideas I came across. [All images from RedOnline]

I've been seeing this a lot lately.  For those of us who don't like seeing all the coloured spines, you can stack books with their pages showing instead of the spines.  Not the easiest way to find a book, but it looks great.


Magazine racking - these built in ones look clean and neat and this works just as well for books, hardcovers and even picture frames.


I've always loved this idea of stuffing an unused fireplace with books.


Although these are just pages on display, I've seen the same technique used with favourite books and novels.  Simply hang books from binder clips on pins.


And this had nothing to do with books, but I loved the fun and whimsy of displaying a collection of hand mirrors in your bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. These rooms are all incredible. I just had a bunch of fun on pinterest.
    Happy Monday, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...